- University at Buffalo Law School
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1979
- Villanova University
- B.S., Bachelor of Science cum laude - 1976
- Major: Accounting
- 100% Litigation Practice
- Medical Malpractice / Personal Injury - Defense
J. Mark Gruber
J. Mark Gruber is a shareholder in the Firm of Roach, Brown, McCarthy & Gruber, P.C. He has 30 years experience as a litigator and trial lawyer defending healthcare providers in complex medical malpractice litigation. His practice has focused on the defense of physicians of all medical specialties.
Mr. Gruber has successfully defended healthcare providers as lead trial counsel in jury trials before the New York State Supreme Court in the Counties of Erie, Chautauqua, Genesee, Wyoming, Niagara, Allegany and Cattaraugus. He has successfully argued appeals before the New York State Supreme Court, Fourth Judicial Department; the New York State Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Mr. Gruber has been selected for membership by the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, an organization limited to only 1,000 attorneys across the United States. As a member of the Bar Association of Erie County he has served as the Chairman, Negligence Law Committee, ' 93 - ' 95; as a member of the Task Force on Court Facilities; as a member of the Bench and Bar Committee and as a member of the Committee on the Jury Project. Mr. Gruber has served as the President and Vice President of the Defense Trial Lawyers Association of Western New York. Mr. Gruber serves his community in a variety of ways. Justice Gruber currently serves as the elected Town Justice for the Town of Tonawanda. He previously served as the elected Village Justice (1993-2008) and the Acting Village Justice (1983-1993) for the Village of Kenmore, New York. He is a member of the New York State Magistrates Association and the Erie County Magistrates Association. Justice Gruber has served the Unified Court System of the State of New York as an Instructor for the Advanced Judicial Training Program for Town and Village Justices.
Mr. Gruber graduated with a Bachelor of Science, cum laude, from Villanova University and earned his Juris Doctor from the State University of New York at Buffalo, Faculty of Law and Jurisprudence.
Mr. Gruber has also served on the Ken-Ton Task Force on Family Violence; the Kenmore Business Development Committee; the St. Joseph' s Collegiate Institute, Alumni Board of Directors; as a lecturer for the Kenmore Youth Court; as a judge for the New York State Bar Association High School Mock Trial competition; and as a judge for the University at Buffalo Law School, Charles S. Desmond Moot Court Competition. He has lectured to a number of community organizations including the Citizens Police Academy, of both the Kenmore Police Department and the Town of Tonawanda Police Department. He has been recognized by the Village of Kenmore and the New York State Bar Association for outstanding service.
- Erie County Bar Association, Member
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- New York State Magistrates Association, Member
- Negligence Law Committee, Chairman, 1993 - 1995
- Defense Trial Lawyers Association of Western New York, Past President
- Erie County Magistrates Association, Member
- Advanced Judicial Training Program, Instructor
- New York State Bar Association High School Mock Trial competition, Judge
- University at Buffalo Law School, Charles S. Desmond Moot Court Competition, Judge
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel